For More on Spinal Treatment Options, Click Through These Links
Individuals suffering from back pain do not need to resign themselves to a lifetime of physical anguish. Medical advances have made it possible to correct many spine-related issues with a minimally invasive procedure. To learn more about these conditions and their modes of treatment, explore the following resources.
- Scoliosis is a condition that curves the spine from side to side. MedicineNet.com lists its causes, symptoms, and treatment options.
- Kyphosis produces a curving of the spine which results in a rounded back. The U.S. National Library of Medicine describes ways it can be corrected and prevented.
- Individuals who suffer vertebral fractures due to osteoporosis or other debilitating factors may be candidates for percutaneous vertebroplasty, a procedure that injects a cement-like substance into the vertebra to stabilize and strengthen it. The American Academy of Family Physicians details how this works.
- WebMD discusses cervical disc disease and its surgical treatment options: discectomy and cervical fusion.
- For more information about the discectomy and what to expect after the procedure, read through this guide from the Mayo Clinic.
Based in Las Vegas, the Spine Institute of Nevada offers both non-invasive and surgical options to individuals who suffer from back pain. To learn more about our spinal treatments, please call us at 702-239-3787.